LYRICAL & CONTEMPORARY DANCE
A fusion of jazz and ballet technique, lyrical dance allows dancers to express their emotions by interpreting music and moving poetically.
Modern/Contemporary Dance is an important genre for the dancer to learn The focus of this class is on working through the core and detailed dance work (hands, feet, dynamics). This class helps to develop expression, flow, maturity and artistic quality through the use of gestures, dance, spirit and mime.
REGULAR DIVISION CLASSES:
Teen Lyrical/Jazz (Ages 11+) – Friday 6:00-7:00pm
PERFORMANCE DIVISION COMPETITIVE LYRICAL:
* Pre-Intermediate Performance Division Competitive Lyrical – Saturday 12:30-1:30pm
* Intermediate Performance Division Competitive Lyrical – Tuesday 6:30-7:30pm
* Senior Performance Division Competitive Lyrical – Saturday 1:30-2:30pm
PERFORMANCE DIVISION COMPETITIVE MODERN/CONTEMPORARY:
* Intermediate Performance Division Competitive Modern/Contemporary – Tuesday 7:30-8:30pm
* Senior Performance Division Competitive Modern/Contemporary – Tuesday 7:45-8:45pm
* previous dance experience and permission from the director required. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding appropriate class placements